Valuation Appeal Forms
 If you disagree with the county assessor’s valuation of your property, you have the right to appeal. 

  Appeal Forms                     

Filing an appeal

To file an appeal against an assessor’s valuation on your property, you must complete a Board of Equalization appeal form in Benton County.  There is no cost for filing an appeal.  Only the taxpayer or entity whose name and address shows on the assessment roll, or their duly authorized agent, or the property owner may file an appeal.

Filing Deadline                         
The deadline for filing an appeal is the latter of:
  • July 1st of the assessment year; or
  • Within 30 days of when the Change of Value Notice was mailed by the assessor’s office.
Information required in appeal
An appeal form must include specific reasons why you believe the assessor’s value is incorrect.  Statements that the assessor’s value is too high or property taxes are excessive are not sufficient.  You must be specific as to why the assessed value does not reflect market value.  Examples might include:
  • Recent appraisal of your property.
  • Sales of similar properties within your area reflecting a different value for your property.
  • Damage or other depreciation of your property.

The Benton County Board of Equalization is appointed by the County Commissioners.  It is The Benton County board of Equalization (BOE) that will schedule your case and hear it.

Appealing Your Property Tax Valuation to the County Board of Equalization.

Taxpayer Petition to the County Board of Equalization for review of Personal Property Valuation Determination.

Taxpayer Petition to the County Board of Equalization for review of Real Property Valuation Determination.

    Benton County    620 Market Street    Prosser, Washington 99350
    Phone: (509) 786-5710 or (509) 783-1310
    Site Map   |   Employment   |   Powered by MunicipalCMS
    E-notify RSS Feeds Twitter Facebook